Showing posts from March, 2017

FIANCÉ VISA - non-immigrant visa petition that enables U.S. citizens

FIANCÉ VISA The K-1 or Fiancé visa is a  to bring their fiancé and their fiancé’s children to the United States. In order to file for this visa, the U.S. citizen and their fiancé must have met personally within the last two years and intend on marrying within 90 days of the fiancé’s admission to the United States. Both individuals must be free to marry, meaning neither person is currently legally married to anyone else. They must prove that they either have never been previously married or that all prior marriages have been terminated by divorce, annulment, or death. Additionally, it must be documented that the U.S. citizen and their fiancé have met within the 2 years preceding the date of filing the application and have maintained a continuous and bona fide relationship for reasons other than for immigration purposes.


U.S Citizenship & Naturalization

Do you want to stop worrying about renewing your "green card" every ten years? Do you want to help a member of your family immigrate to the United States? Do you want to vote in the next elections? Do you want to spend long periods of time outside the U.S or move to another country? Then you should become a citizen. U.S. citizenship is the last step in your immigration journey. As a citizen you will have all the rights and privileges as a U.S. born citizen except that you will not be able to be president of the country.

You can apply to become a citizen if: 1) you have been a resident for the required period of time (usually five years although there are exceptions); 2) you have lived at least half of that time in the U.S.; 3) you have good moral character; 4) you read and write English; and 5) you have basic knowledge of U.S. history and government.

You should first consult with …

Admissibility for an Immigrant Visa

 Admissibility for an Immigrant Visa

 Admissibility to the United States visa

All persons applying for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status must prove to the satisfaction of immigration or consular officials that they are admissible (eligible for admission) to the United States.

There are many grounds of inadmissibility that could potentially cause someone to be ineligible to become a permanent resident. For instance, there are health-related, criminal, security-related, and other grounds USCIS must consider.

In some cases and in certain situations, if you are found inadmissible to the United States you may be eligible to file a waiver on Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Ground of Inadmissibility, (the form required for most immigrants) or I-602, Application By Refugee For Waiver of Grounds of Excludability (the form required for refugees and asylees) to excuse your inadmissibility.

The grounds of inadmissibility are determined by the particular category under which you are …