U Visa - Visa for Victims of crimes

U Visa -  Visa for Victims of crimes

This type of visa is available to victims of violent crimes who have suffered severely and have cooperated with the investigation or prosecution of the convicted perpetrator.

To apply for a U visa, the applicant must obtain a certification from the police agency that carried out the investigation of the crime or the district attorney’s office if the case was prosecuted. This certification may be obtained via form I-918B.

The principal applicant of a U visa may include their spouse and children under 21 years of age in the application. If the principal applicant is under 21 years of age, he or she can include parents, spouses, and children less than 21 years of age and single siblings less than 18 years of age.

If the U visa is approved, the applicant will receive a work permit for a period of 4 years and the opportunity to apply for permanent residency after 3 years with the U visa.

Call us today at (818) 506-0070. Schedule a consultation to learn more about how our immigration lawyers can help you.


Popular posts from this blog

Los procesos de deportación

Usted o algún ser querido está en proceso de deportación

U.S Citizenship & Naturalization